NOW BACK IN STOCK
The price has gone up, because our cost to obtain the chemicals has increased significantly.
"Fomblin to the rescue. My first application and all I can say is WOW! This Steinway was unplayable as can be seen in the video. My other center pin lubricant wasn’t working. The piano needs new hammers and action parts, but the Fomblin will enable the piano to be used for my client's party next week."
- Alex Smith, TX
Update on potential effectiveness against verdigris:
In September 2019 we obtained some frozen, verdigris-infested hammers to experiment with. Those treated with the leading center pin lubricant remained frozen, but those treated with PFPE (Fomblin) returned to normal friction without any repinning. We set aside some samples from this experiment, and after 21 months, the PFPE-treated hammers swing the same number of times as when the lubricant was applied. This is not sufficient evidence to draw conclusions, because someone else doing this experiment with different hammers might get a different result. But so far, everyone that has provided us with feedback has reported similar results, and we have not yet received any reports of hammers (which responded to PFPE) that later reverted to high friction. If and when this happens to you, please let us know and we will update our information, and over time, we will develop a better understanding of the duration of effectiveness against vertigris.
- This item ships only to addresses in the United States.
- The use of PFPE (Fomblin) lubricant for piano action centers is experimental at this time. There is no data as to the long term effectiveness of this product. While PFPE is incredibly promising as a center pin lubricant, Supply88 makes no claims or guarantees about this product.
- Supply88 assumes no responsibility for any problems or damages resulting from the use of this product.
- This product is sold by weight, not volume. It contains a carefully-weighed solution that is almost twice as dense as water.
- Please avoid inhalation of fumes and avoid direct exposure to skin and eyes.